IFRS GLOBAL RULES & LOCAL USE 2016
SEPTEMBER 30, 2016, Anglo-American University, Prague
- Complete Proceedings from the conference.
- Detailed program can be found HERE.
- Registration for the conference starts on Friday, September 30 at 8.40 AM.
- Find the Venue here.
Scholars and scientific public with interest in bridging the gap between international accounting rules IFRS and local applications involved with issues of finance, accounting and management are invited to share their knowledge, understanding and experience in one day event organized by the Anglo-American University in Prague.
Academic speakers (abc):
Professor Emeritus David Alexander is a leading theorist of accounting and financial reporting focused on methodology, classification IFRS, cultural differences and practical application of IFRS in an international context. In addition David is an author of several key text books in the field, both solely and in a team.
Andrei Filip is an associate professor at ESSEC Business School. Before joining ESSEC, he has been teaching financial accounting in Romania (ASE Bucharest), Switzerland (University of Geneva) and Canada (HEC Montréal). Andrei’s main research interests are institutional settings and financial reporting quality.
Jiří Strouhal is a professor at the University of Economics in Prague, Department of Business Economics. He is an author of more than thirty publications (both practical as well as research-oriented) in the field of accounting and financial management.
- Ms. Alice Machová (Ernst & Young Czech Republic). Alice is the Executive Director of the Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) practice, EY Czech Republic, leader of a Central European EY cluster. Alice focuses on complex issues in CAS, IFRS, transaction accounting advisory and accounting process redesign.
- Mr. David Muir, expert on investment and banking with more than 30-year experience in the field from constitutions that include Abu Dhabi Investment Authority or Canadian Imperial Bank Of Commerce.
- Learn more about our key speakers HERE.
- Find the Call for Papers 2016 here.
- For authors, detailed description of formatting can be found here.
- The complete proceedings from the last year 2015 can be found here: IFRS Global Rules & Local Use 2015
PARTNERS OF THE CONFERENCE:
Testimonials about the previous years:
“Useful and efficient. Feedback and discussion, both immediately after each presentation, and more informally over coffee, lunch and ‘au bar’, was generally very successful, and seemed to be particularly appreciated by many delegates. We plan to encourage this aspect in 2014 in every available way.” Professor David Alexander, University of Birmingham
Check out the video from previous year:
In case of any questions, contact us HERE.