International Consulting Program (ICP) developed in cooperation with the prestigious Virginia Commonwealth University brings every year together 20 students supervised by four faculty members from both universities. In June, teams work 14 days on hands-on intensive consulting projects for the top-rank partners as Boscolo Hotel Prague, Eurojet Intercontinental, Slovenija Center, UNICEF, Verlag Dashoefer, Western Union and more.
This special 3-credit course teaches students how to conduct consulting engagements by providing both academic background through readings and classroom sessions and practice application through solving real issues submitted by our project partners. We are proud to be affiliated with such exclusive and international brands, and because they see the value in the input and ideas of ICP students, we have been able to continue regular cooperation over the past 4 years.
The intensive, 14-day program is accompanied by socializing and networking events including dinners and weekend tours. AAU volunteers organize interesting and beneficial student orientation as well as the informal evening beer meet-ups (Thanks to them!).
In June 2018, we prepare a 6th year of this summer school. As a special offer, selected 3 AAU students can attend the US part of the program (Richmond, Virginia) and experience the complete packed 5 weeks (6 US credits!). Richmond part consists of class preparations and work on projects for American clients! Do attend information sessions and do not hesitate to apply. In case of interest contact the Director of the program Peter Bolcha.
In general, we target corporate partners residing in the Czech Republic open to cooperation that can bring them new ideas and a new perspective on the solution of problems as a reward for the time and energy they devote to our student teams. Contact us in order to reserve an opportunity for project in summer 2017 semester.
- Student Article from 2015 at AAU home page.
- Homepage of the ICP at VCU
- Video from ICP 2013 below:
Basic information for possible clients and interested AAU students:
|NOTE||We carefully select the partners and main condition is a credible interest, availability and openness in communication.||We carefully select the students: minimum are prerequisites (MGT 245, MKT 248) and (GPA>2.5), but strong interest and excellent communication is a must.|
|BENEFITS||• presentation and final paper as useful inputs for decision-making |
• the whole process forces client to identify and articulate a problem
• being advertised as a partner in AAU marketing
• a possible way of finding the best suited students for further cooperation
• invitation to related networking events
|• one of the first real world projects you touch
• get true international experience at intensive project
• piece of portfolio in your Resumé
• start to build your professional network
• get 3 credits in 16 days
• find new friends
• networking events – welcoming and departure dinner, brewery tour of Pilsner Urquell
|COSTS||• 5-10 hours of time to prepare the project|
• 2 hours initial presentation; 4-6 hours communication with the students and 1 hour final presentation
|• Cost of usual 3 -Credit class
• Prepare yourself for challenging but fruitful 2 weeks!